United for Quality Public Education
What does your local union accomplish with your dues?
The Redmond Education Association is the local teachers’ union, supporting nearly 400 certified staff in the Redmond School District. Your union dollars support all members with the negotiation of our collective bargaining agreement (your contract), the advocacy of your employee rights and good working conditions, and the representation of each member’s voice.
What has your local union done for members recently?
In addition to day-to-day advocacy, REA is proud of these accomplishments for our members:
- REA members collaboratively work closely with district office personnel on countless committees to ensure educators are a part of the decision-making process
- One of the highest two-year COLAs in the region
- Secured additional protected time in the morning 3 days per week for elementary teachers
- Moved conversations that have led to several elementary schools providing 40 minute preps for K-3 teachers
- SPED stipend MOU
- Ensured competitive salary for positions such as nurses and CTE by including years of experience in the field to determine salary placement
- Creation of “Professional Days”
- Changed language and usage of “Emergency Days” to “Personal Days”
How can you make sure your voice is heard?
Contact one of your building’s union representatives, who will then share your concerns at REA meetings. Your representatives are making sure your voice is heard! Your local union meets once a month (see the events tab for dates), and ANY member can attend. You can also submit your concerns via the “contact” tab, or email REA directly at Communications.REA@gmail.com